Friday, May 21, 2010

Gaga for hats!

I just came about a very uncommon, not to say surreal piece of information... But then again, everything about Lady GaGa is surreal...

The latest buzz in the fashion world is that Miss Germanotta aka Lady Gaga has applied for an internship with hat guru Philip Treacy. GaGa and Treacy have already paired up successfully in different occasions creating looks like the memorable head-topping telephone she came with at the UK show Friday Night with Jonathan Ross.

I think it's actually a good thing. Though I wouldn't be caught dead in any of Lady GaGa's ensembles, I recognize her creative vein. For all the bizzare things she can come up with I think this could be a good creative outlet for her, being she accessorizes with hats a lot!

5 time winner of accessory designer of the year at the british fashion awards, Philip Treacy is more of a sculpture of hats than just a designer. He has shown his work in many exhibitions around the world and continues to take his work to superior limits.

GaGa could certainly learn a lot from Treacy's experience and vision to take fashion one step further and become art. As the singer once said; "I would rather die than have my fans not see me in a pair of high heels. I'd never give up my wigs and hats for anything"...She would be in the best of hands should this internship be approved.

Best of luck with this new project to both!

No comments: