The Berkeley London, a very prestigious hotel in London, has come up with a fashionable twist to the otherwise traditional afternoon tea.
The designer afternoon tea appointment is called, Prêt-à-Portea, and it is inspired by the themes and colours of the fashion world. Prêt-à-Portea is served in the Caramel Room daily from 1pm to 6pm.
The menu is transformed every six months to follow the changing seasons in fashion. So besides their renowned tea infusions and delightful canapés, the main attraction comes with the collection of cakes and fancies that bear big names in fashion and each and everyone is designed with the brand in mind.
Some examples are:
• Valentino orange and ginger clutch cake closed with oversized chocolate bow
• Bottega Veneta colour blocking pink and gold pear mousse and clementine cremeux coat with matching macaroon button
• Dolce and Gabbana signature gold starred chocolate éclair dress filled with hazelnut cream
• Stella McCartney must-have polka dot sponge cake dress
• Burberry Prorsum stylish black and white double breasted chocolate biscuit coat with snow white vanilla icing
• Miu Miu winter spice glittery high-heeled shoe biscuit
• Jill Sander pomegranate and grenadine mousse dress topped with colourful chocolate flower pattern
• Lanvin show-stopping cassis bavarois dress with crème de mûre jelly topped with signature folded meringue
• Sonia Rykiel striped chestnut cream and almond sponge cake dress complete with trendy metallic sparkles
Prêt-à-Portea adds a creative twist to the classic elements of the traditional English afternoon tea with cakes and pastries resembling the latest catwalk designs for the style conscious.
So if you are in London, don’t forget the mandatory appointment for every fashionista who wants to be known as such!