An entire outfit in a single item, these summer dresses make you feel instantly gorgeous.
1) Rumpled cotton and macrame detail lend this a beachy ease; the saturated blue makes it pop.
2) This pared-down option has a sexy, slightly '80s appeal—the draped pockets are a fun surprise.
3) Throw-it-on, lightweight knit becomes gamine-elegant, thanks to dainty stripes and soft ruffles.
4) Instant mood lifter: a crisp '50s shape done in oversize gingham and clinched with a big, bright belt.
5) Gauzy material, delicate sequins, a construction that floats on the body: It's the airiest, most desert-appropriate evening dress ever.
6) An embellished ethnic tunic combined with a flouncy floral, this is equal parts exotic and girly.
7) A cute, cocktail-perfect number, made seductive—and sophisticated—by a short hemline and an interesting mix of colors.
8) Cascading ruffles and an abstract print are modern tweaks on always-pretty, feminine chiffon.